Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Beautiful day in the neighborhood.

Hey all!
Well Today was a great day for a ride. I really needed to get on my bike since this weekend was a bit short lived with no training. So Today, yesterday, I went for a ride. I know its like 3 am and I am a bit tired I just got off work and well I need to go to bed soon, but not before I tell you all about it. So I woke up on Tuesday morning about 830am. The sun was out, and it was starting to get warm. Ray, Derek, and I all got on the bikes and started to ride. I have video that I will load up tomorrow. Also some pictures too! My goal for the day was 20 miles. We started from my house went up Beverly which is a hill and then to my favorite part of the hill the down side of a hill. It was awesome. Although I felt bad for Ray since he was riding on a mountain bike, but he did it ! He busted it out. We rode up to pioneer and took the flat 5 mile bike trail in whittier ended up at Mills and Lambert. Then we went to the bike shop put some air in the tires. I really need to get a stand bike pump... One day. Well we went there saw our friend Toni at her job going to lunch said our hellos and goodbyes and kept trucking. By this time we were alittle more that half way through the ride. We took Whittier back to Mills and to the bike path for another 5 miles. We came back up to the mid way of the bike path and then back home. It felt so good to be on my bike. At first I was a little sluggish but I was really glad that I got to ride with my friends. I think it is becoming infectious! Also I have to give a shot out to my homie Jose who took me on my Day 1 training which was 17.6 I think miles. I had such a blast and there will be more toof those rides too. Jose is pretty hard core so I know I will be training nice and tough. Anyhoo. We kept hydrated and took in the nice day. Warm sunny weather was totally welcomed. I said my hellos to the passbyers and then sped off. Total we ended up doing 20.7 miles today just .7 miles more than my goal ok so my next goal is to do 20 in less that 3 hours. Oh we started at 10 and ended at 1. So that was 3 hours. I am hoping to finish 20 miles in 2 hours or 2 an a half hours. We shall see. Once we got home the battery was dead for the camera and we had to postpone the ride in and video cam my ending. Plus ray made it .8 short of the house so I had to pick him up. Perfect amount of time for the camera to charge just enough to do one photo. I had a blast. I also want to get some more gear for a shop or maybe even eBay. After the long and enduring ride we all went to eat the salad bar at marie calendars... YUM! GREAT DAY ! I cant wait to do it again ! Games coming up soon. Oh and I am thinking of taking my ride from work which is in echo park to my house which is 17.9 miles. totally do-able, but it will be during traffic times. See how it goes and thanks for supporting me.
Love
Erik

No comments:

Post a Comment